The Barenaked Ladies’ first official album, Gordon, was released on July 28, 1992, in Canada. Prior to the release of Gordon the Barenaked Ladies had other variety recordings.
The Gordon album was in position No. 1 on the Canadian Album Chart in 1992. In the Canadian Singles Chart during 1992 “Enid” was position 2, “If I Had $1,000,000” was 13, “Grade 9” was 53 and “Be My Yoko Ono” was in position 77. In 1993 “Brian Wilson” was No. 18 and “What a Good Boy” was 34.
Gordon sold over 80,000 copies during its first 24 hours of release in Canada alone which kept it on top of the Canadian charts for eight weeks in a row. When it sold over one million copies it achieved diamond status in Canada. In America, it wasn’t until the Rock Spectacle and “One Week” were released that there was a major spike in sales in places other than major cities. Gordon was certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of America in August 1998.
- Hello City (Steven Page)
- Enid (Steven Page)
- Grade 9 (Steven Page, Ed Robertson)
- Brian Wilson (Steven Page)
- Be My Yoko Ono (Steven Page, Ed Robertson)
- Wrap Your Arms Around Me (Ed Roberstson)
- What a Good Boy (Steven Page)
- The King of Bedside Manor (Steven Page Ed Robertson)
- Box Set (Steven Page)
- I Love You (Seven Page, Jim Creeggan, Andy Creeggan)
- Blame it on Me (Steven Page, Ed Robertson)
- New Kid (On the Block) (Steven Page)
- The Flag (Steven Page)
- If I Had a Million Dollars (Steven Page, Ed Robertson)
- Crazy (Ed Roberston)
What’s your favorite song from the Gordon album?